Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Queens Inmigration Law Over 60 years of experience
  • Queens Inmigration Lawyers
  • ~
  • Hablamos Español

What Is an H-1B Visa?

Video Transcript

Hi, this is Scott Messinger with Queens Immigration Law. I want to talk to you today about H-1B visas.

H-1B visas are temporary work visas that are available to aliens sponsored by employers here in the United States. The basic requirements to obtain an H-1B visa is that you have a U.S. bachelors degree or higher, and the employer has to agree to pay what the Department of Labor says is the prevailing wage for the position.

These visas are available for an initial grant of three years, and you can extend that beyond three years for up to six years and maybe beyond that.

The problem with the H-1B visas is that there are a limited amount of visas that are granted each year, and that that quota is normally filled up every year within a few days of them becoming available.

If you have questions about H-1B visas, or that you may be eligible for an H-1B visa, please visit our website at, or call us at our office for a consultation at 718-793-7800. Thank you.

Share This Page:

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation