Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Queens Immigration Law
Local: 718-793-7800 Toll-Free: 800-339-0535
Home > Family Visas

Queens Family Visa Lawyer Serving Throughout New York

Becoming a permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States is the first step to U.S. citizenship. Current citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. can sponsor certain family members for permanent resident status, allowing them to live and work in the U.S. legally.

At Gladstein & Messinger, our family visa lawyers assist clients with family sponsorship for immigrant visas. We have decades of experience helping individuals and families through complex immigration procedures, enabling clients to achieve their goals of reuniting family and providing opportunities for family members. Contact our office in Forest Hills, New York, for experienced legal help in Queens, New York City and the surrounding areas.

Family Immigration: Visa for Spouse, Children and Other Relatives

At Gladstein & Messinger, our Queens family immigration attorneys have extensive experience handling all types of family visa applications:

  • Immediate family members: Citizens can sponsor immediate family members who qualify as an immediate relative for a family visa. Immediate Relative (IR) visas are available to spouses, unmarried children under 21 and parents of a U.S. citizen. Children adopted by a U.S. citizen are also classified as immediate relatives.
  • Other family members: There are a limited number of immigrant visas available each year for other family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents. Limited family-based visa applications are granted in accordance to a list of preferences — unmarried children of citizens (F-1), spouses and children of permanent residents (F-2), married children of citizens and their unmarried children (F-3), siblings of citizens and their spouses and children (F-4).
  • Fiancé visas/spouse visas: Fiancés of citizens can come to the U.S. and live and work in the U.S. legally for up to 90 days under a K-1 visa (marriage must take place within 90 days of entering the U.S.). After the marriage has taken place, spouses can continue to live and work in the U.S. under a K-3 visa until a green card is received and the immigration process is complete. Unmarried children under 21 can also come to the U.S. under a K-2 or K-4 visa.

Contact Us for Legal Help With Family Visas

For an initial consultation with a dedicated family-based immigration attorney, contact us or call us at 718-793-7800. We maintain a flexible office schedule to accommodate the needs of our clients, meeting with individuals by appointment only. We accept Visa and MasterCard.

Designed and Powered by NextClient

© 2014 - 2024 Queens Immigration Law, Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. All rights reserved.
Custom WebShop™ law firm website design by NextClient.com.