Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Queens Immigration Law
Local: 718-793-7800 Toll-Free: 800-339-0535
Home > PERM Labor Certification Applications

Queens PERM Attorney Serving Throughout New York

Hiring a foreign national to work for you in the United States requires diligent work and careful preparation. If you or your company plans to hire an alien to work for your business, you need a skilled and knowledgeable Queens PERM labor certification lawyer to help you through the process.

At the law office of Gladstein & Messinger, we help businesses hire the employees they need through the permanent labor certification process (PERM). Our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined experience helping clients throughout Forest Hills, Queens, New York City and the surrounding areas.

We will work to guide you through this process as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Contact our Forest Hills business immigration attorneys to talk about your immigration options.

How Do You Get Labor Certification?

To have a foreign national immigrate to the United States to work for your business permanently, he or she will need to obtain labor certification. There are very specific steps you must follow to obtain certification. Our attorneys can help you through every stage of the process, including:

  • Approval of your labor certification request: Before you can begin the process, you must show the Department of Labor that there are no United States workers willing, qualified or able to perform the job. This requires diligent advertising of the position on the part of the employer. Our Queens PERM labor certification lawyers can walk you through this process and help you comply with the government’s procedures and regulations.
  • Wage determination: You must request a prevailing wage determination from the State Workforce Agency before you can apply for PERM labor certification. We can help you with this request.
  • Determining the worker’s classification: To qualify for labor certification, the employee must fit into one of the specific categories created by the U.S. Department of Labor. These categories include employees who are skilled workers (EB-3(b) visas), professionals (eB-3(a) visas), professionals with advanced degrees (EB-2 visas), or unskilled workers (EB-3(c) visas). Our Queens PERM labor certification lawyers can help you determine the category your employee fits under.
  • Submitting a petition: Next, you must submit a petition for certification with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We can help you complete the application and file it.
  • Adjustment of status: If your petition is approved, we can help you apply for an adjustment of status or consular proceeding to obtain a green card for your worker.

Contact Our Skilled Forest Hills Business Immigration Lawyers

For an initial consultation with a PERM attorney, contact us or call us at 718-793-7800. We maintain a flexible office schedule to accommodate the needs of our clients, meeting with individuals by appointment only. We accept Visa and MasterCard.

Designed and Powered by NextClient

© 2014 - 2024 Queens Immigration Law, Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. All rights reserved.
Custom WebShop™ law firm website design by NextClient.com.