Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Queens Immigration Law
Local: 718-793-7800 Toll-Free: 800-339-0535

Recent Blog Posts

family trying to immigrate to us

Tips to Get Your Family Sponsored in the US

By Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. |

If you’re living in the United States as a citizen or a lawful permanent resident (green card holder), you have the ability to sponsor a non-citizen family member for a visa. Sponsoring a family member allows them to enter the United States and stay permanently on a legal visa. Continue reading for advice on… Read More »

Refugees and migrants walking on fields. Group of refugees from Syria and Afghanistan on their way to EU. Balkan route. Thousands of refugees on border between Croatia and Serbia in autumn 2015.

Understanding the Difference: Refugee vs Asylee

By Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. |

The U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act defines a refugee as a person outside of his or her country of nationality who is either unable to return to their country or unwilling to return to their country because of persecution or fear that is based on their race, religion, nationality, political belief, or membership in… Read More »

Refugees on the border, women and children.

U.S. Rolls Out New Rules Limiting Asylum

By Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. |

President Biden’s administration has not been as progressive with regard to immigration reform as many immigrant rights advocates had hoped. The government has announced a number of policies aimed at limiting immigration, several of which could have a severe effect on migrants seeking asylum within the United States. Most recently, the federal government announced… Read More »

U.S deportation Immigration justice and law concept American flag Official department USCIS Department of homeland Security United States Citizenship Immigration Services

Tips to Find an Immigration Lawyer

By Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. |

Finding a lawyer can feel like a daunting task. It’s like getting your car fixed by a mechanic: Unless you’re also an expert, how do you know you’re picking the right person for the job? Below, we offer a few tips and tricks to help you with your search. If you have an immigration… Read More »

green card with forms

Form I-944 May Be Gone, but the Public Charge Rule Remains: What You Need to Know

By Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. |

During the Trump administration and amid much fanfare (and controversy), United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) introduced the I-944 form, titled the Declaration of Self-Sufficiency form. Pursuant to this form, applicants were asked to fill out information that would determine whether or not they would be a “public charge” in the future. A… Read More »

foreign worker concept

How to Hire Foreign Workers in the US

By Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. |

If you intend to hire a foreign worker for a United States-based position at your company, you need to ensure that the worker has an appropriate visa allowing them to work in the country legally. If the employee does not already have legal permanent residence status (green card) or another applicable work visa, you’ll… Read More »

Closeup of USCIS Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action

DACA Still in Limbo, May Go Back to the Supreme Court

By Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. |

We’ve talked before about the never-ending challenges to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). DACA was established by former President Obama as a means to shield immigrants from deportation if they were brought to the United States as children. Conservatives, including former officials in the Trump administration, have questioned the legality of the program… Read More »

EB-3 Visa. Document with label. Desk with books and judges gavel

EB-3 Third Preference Category Visas

By Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. |

The EB-3 is a form of green card available to immigrants with a job lined up in the United States. The EB-3 differs from other employment-based visas in key respects. Below, we discuss the EB-3 visa, the requirements to apply, and the visa’s advantages and disadvantages. Continue reading to learn about EB-3 visas, and… Read More »

VISA United States of America. Green Card US Permanent resident card. Work and Travel VISA. Immigration to the USA. Immigration visa. Embassy US or USA. Vacation in the USA. Visa in passport.

How Long Does It Take to Get a Green Card Through Marriage?

By Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. |

Aliens who marry a U.S. citizen or a green card holder can obtain lawful permanent residence status (green card). Marrying a citizen is one of the easier methods for obtaining permanent residence status, but like everything else in the U.S. immigration system, the process takes time. It’s important to consult with an experienced immigration… Read More »

Group of War Refugees walking in cornfield. Syrian refugees crossing border to reach EU. Iraqi and Afghans. Balkans Route. Migrants on their way to European Union. Large group of people immigrate

Supreme Court Rules Biden Administration Can Stop Forcing Asylum Applicants to Wait Outside U.S.

By Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. |

The former administration under President Trump enforced a number of draconian policies aimed at limiting all forms of immigration–whether “legal” or “illegal,” whether based on work visas, student visas, or compassionate asylum. Under one such policy, applicants for asylum would be forcibly removed from the United States to wait in Mexico for the months… Read More »

Designed and Powered by NextClient

© 2014 - 2024 Queens Immigration Law, Gladstein & Messinger, P.C. All rights reserved.
Custom WebShop™ law firm website design by NextClient.com.